**This course will provide the participant with 1.5 General Learning Type BACB® CEUs**
Description of Learning Type CE Event: Do you ever feel like now that you’re a BCBA®, you should probably know what you’re doing most days? I felt the same way. Then, I decided to admit to the world that, quite honestly, most of the time, I’m wingin’ it. This course is about me admitting that I’ve made multiple mistakes. In particular, I’ve made many mistakes when it comes to measuring and displaying data over the years. My hope is that sharing my flaws allows you to learn something new. That way, you can go out there and make some mistakes of your own. You might even consider sharing them with me someday. Maybe over a beer?
About the Instructor: Hi, I’m Chris. I started Celeration, an ABA company that is based in Northern California. The twist? We only hire BCBAs and do all of the direct work ourselves. Yup, myself included. I’ve worked in the ABA field for over ten years and have been practicing as a BCBA since 2016. I believe that we can improve the field of ABA by shifting toward a scientific approach, maintaining high clinical standards, and most importantly, connecting with the families we serve.
Target Audience: BCBAs® at all levels of practice. Primarily those who practice for insurance billing companies and practice in home or school settings.
Learning Objectives for Participants: As a result of this course, participants will be able to …
- Evaluate the current practice they are using to define, measure, and display data in their current practice and determine if it is the best practice for their client.
- State the advantages of measuring learning using rate instead of using a percentage.
- State the advantages of continuous measurement and disadvantages of using discontinuous measurement in the applied setting.
- State the advantages of measuring one behavior at a time versus attempting to measure multiple behaviors within a response class together.
- Be able to write a pinpoint definition for a behavior and compare its effectiveness to an operational definition.
- State the disadvantages of using line graphs to display data in behavior analysis and identify one alternative method of displaying data.
To earn credit, you will be required to watch all video portions and pass a quiz about it with a score of 100% or higher. You can retake the quiz as many times as needed, but you may not receive exactly the same questions each time.