**This course will provide the participant with 1.5 General Learning Type BACB® CEUs**
Description of Learning Type CE Event: This CEU will go over how our behaviors, eating habits, and activity levels impact all work together to determine our mental health, what is reinforcing or punishing, and our motivation levels. When making behavior change, if we are not working with biology, our progress will be slow or non-existent. So, having a better understanding of how they all work together will help us take advantage of behavior science and biology.
About the Instructor: Dr. Saint has presented locally and internationally on ACT therapy. Katie has had students come from around the world to observe her at her practice and study her application of ACT in ABA therapy. Dr. Saint works for an ABA company as the training director, and she has a private practice for mental health counseling. Katie has written college courses as well as published several books/assessments. You can find Dr. Saint on Instagram @doctorbehaviorboss.
Target Audience: BCBA® or people familiar with ABA. Anyone with a base knowledge of ABA looking to learn how ABA interacts with mental health, food, exercise, and the brain.
Learning Objectives for Participants: As a result of this course, participants will be able to …
- Identify common motivating operations that impact everyday behavior.
- Identify how our behaviors can change what is reinforcing or punishing.
- Identify behaviors that impact mental health.
- Identify how food can impact behavior.
- Identify how behavior patterns can create ratio strain.
- Identify how seemingly unrelated behaviors can slow progress.