**This course will provide the participant with 1 General Learning Type BACB® CEUs**
Description of Learning Type CE Event: You don’t want to miss this one! Maxi Glamour (they/them), of the Boulet Brothers’ Dragula on Shudder, a self-identified kinky, neurodivergent queer, provides us with an intimate look at their growing up in the 90s and early 2000s through a personal narrative of their life as a youth! Narrative storytelling is something newer in Behavior-Analytic training, and it provides a wealth of socially-valid information. Join Nicholas Aether and Co-Presenter Maxi Glamour as they dissect the systemic behavioral variables and behavior-analytic principles that played into Maxi’s experiences and shaped them over time, which are commonly shared by many other queer youth today. This presentation is raw and real, and is unlike most of what you have probably experienced in continuing education before. You’ll leave with a behavioral understanding of how all this can influence your practice to be more affirming, less assumptive, and more likely to be helpful for your clients who don’t adhere to the behavioral repertoire of heteronormativity.
About the Instructors:
- About Nicholas: Nicholas Maio-Aether owns Empowered: A Center for Sexuality in St Louis, where he and his occasional teams of partnered Universities’ students work to assist humans with and without disabilities achieve sexual access, sexual freedom, gender affirmation, and self-control of compulsive behaviors. Nicholas works throughout the US training BCBAs/Behavior Analysts so persons in Individualized Supportive Living (ISL) programs gain access to applicable and generalizable comprehensive sex ed and sexual opportunities. Nicholas provides Sexual Behavior Analysis, and has assisted polycules, kinksters, gay couples, trans and nonbinary humans, among others, on their journeys. Trained by GLSEN in 2003, Nicholas started Gay-Straight Alliances across Alaska while in high school, and provided them sex ed materials and trainings. Nicholas spent five years managing Hustler Hollywood in St Louis before moving into Behavior Analysis, and joined AASECT, where he currently sits on two committees. He then completed a Sex Therapy practicum under Linda Weiner, LMSW, CSTS, in 2019 before getting a second Masters in Marriage & Family Therapy, and meeting those hour requirements under Angela Skurtu, LMFT, CST, along with his LGBTQIA+ Family Systems Specialist certificate in 2021.
- About Maxi: Maxi Glamour (they/them) is a renowned drag and music artist, and founder of the St Louis organization Qu’art, which showcases local queer art and assists minority-intersected queer artists in gaining recognition and pay for their talents. Maxi’s talents went worldwide in 2020, when they were featured as a Season 3 contestant on the Boulet Brothers’ Dragula, where they faced their fears and put out some killer looks. Maxi has since begun their undergraduate journey at Webster University, and has also just started tenure as a commissioner for the St Louis City Civil Rights Enforcement team. They continue to produce drag shows locally and to travel nationally, showcasing not only their drag, but also their music, having released an album in 2021 entitled Modernadada. Their website is: www.maxiglamour.com
Target Audience: Anyone in the field of Behavior Analysis wishing to learn more about queer/LGBTQIA+ identities, experiences, and behavioral needs.BCBA®, BCaBA®, RBT®
Learning Objectives for Participants: As a result of this course participants will be able to …
- Gain exposure to socially-valid information about queer identities and experiences from a first-person narrative
- Connect the anecdotes provided by Maxi to sound behavioral principles of: MOs, Reinforcement, Punishment, Social-Validity, Delay Discounting
- Generalization — How can this apply to behaviors exhibited by our clients; how does this impact what we may recommend or intervene-upon?
Disclaimer: Always remember that taking a CEU, even a multi-hour CEU is NOT enough to demonstrate competency in the content related to the CEU. It is YOUR responsibility to seek out supervision/consultation with the presenter and/or a subject matter expert (SME). The CBS/CBS-C certification is a SUB-field certification designed for the sub-field of SBA it does NOT lead to licensure of its own. Thus to practice with this certification, you’d have to be a BCBA® or BCaBA® via the BACB® and/or certified in your particular state as a Licensed Behavior Analyst.